Monday, August 25, 2014

Gorgeous Graphite



I had a can of ASCP Graphite for months that I was waiting to use for just the perfect piece. This has turned out to be one of my favor "Annie" colors. When you open the can, it looks black.

But after one light coat on this cute little secretary, I was really loving the blue hues peeking through and stopped.



I distressed this piece more than I usually do, because it felt like the right thing to do with such a rustic piece. I combined clear and dark waxes, put the original hardware back on, and I was done with this piece in two days!



I sold this on the third day (a new personal record for me!) to the nicest lady who was looking for a small piece for her entry hall to hold keys, mail and the dog leash. I was so concerned that it had not had time to fully cure that I begged her to not place anything on it for at least another week.




Don't you just love it when your vision for a piece actually works out quickly and easily?

On a personal note, my kids have informed me that I need to get more involved with social media, so I'm making a more concerted effort to keep my Facebook and Instagram pages updated! I'd love more "likes" and "followers"!

Have a great and relaxing Labor Day weekend! Where did the summer go?



 photo signature_zps552cb1e1.png

I'm sharing at:

The Interior Frugalista
Metamorphosis Monday
DIY Showoff
Inspire Me Mondayhttp://myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com/inspire-monday-22/#more-16504
Cedar Hill Farmhouse - The Scoop
Coastal Charm
Twirl and Take a Bow
Inspire Me Tuesday - A Stroll Thru Life
Elizabeth and Co.
Wow Us Wednesdays
The Handmade Hangout
Furniture Feature Friday
Catch as Catch Can

5 comments: