Monday, September 14, 2015

When It's Too Hot to Paint






Happy Fall!? It doesn't feel like fall weather here in So Cal. Last week it was too hot to work in the shop so I took advantage of some great estate sales and brought home a treasure trove of furniture!

Hopefully, they'll turn out beautiful when I'm done with them and go to good homes. They better - because I had to face two of my phobias - a bridge and a high, windy road to get to this sale! Aah, the things we do to get great furniture!

Here's just a few of the pieces I found.

Like this gorgeous French Provincial dresser. I've had a hard time finding one like this with the center feet - so tickled I finally found one!





A Bassett buffet:



You may know that I have a "thing" for secretary desks. Can't wait to get started on this one!



All I had to do is drive around the corner to get this one - no bridges or heights! A lovely French dresser - check out those serpentine drawers!



I've updated my "Unfinished Furniture" page with these items and (others!) with their dimensions. If you're interested, please let me know. I'm sorry, but I don't ship and these items are not available "as is". I'd love to refinish one of these pieces just for you!

Here's to cooler temperatures and a great week!


 photo signature_zps552cb1e1.png

1 comment: